Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wow.

Family.....I don't even know. My parents think they understand what's going on with me and how to deal with it, and they don't. Just the opposite, in fact. So I need to find the courage to break through my ridiculous shame complexes and ask others for help, like my siblings and close friends. I wish I could elaborate a little more on what has been going on this week, but it doesn't feel right. I think a movie night involving black label Johnnie Walker and/or cupcakes may be in order when I get back to Mesa. Or maybe Johnnie Walker cupcakes. Do they make those?
Luke: Didn't that Tolstoy guy say something about families?
Lorelai: Probably.
Luke: It was some famous thing he said, something like 'All families are unhappy,' or happy on the surface, or unhappy in the same way.
Lorelai: Sounds a little incomplete.
Luke: Well, maybe he couldn't finish the thought because he was too busy dealing with his stinking family!
Lorelai: Do the Hallmark people know about you? Because you're a natural.
--Gilmore Girls #4.12: "A Family Matter"

No comments:

Post a Comment