Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Movie Night Mix, Part I of III

Every year for Christmas, my family does a gift exchange where we draw one name from a hat and shop for that person (my family is HUGE so this system is a must). Last year, I got one of my brothers who is very difficult to shop for because he has everything. I racked my brain for an idea, then had a stroke of genius. A Movie Night Kit! I bought him Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and Inception, then added in popcorn and Raisinettes (the store was out of Red Vines, otherwise I would've added that in, too) and topped it all off with an epic mix CD of songs from a myriad of different movies. I scoured my favorite movies for more unorthodox music choices instead of just putting cliched movie songs like "My Heart Will Go On" on there. I love how this mix turned out, so I thought I'd share it. And if you're ever stumped about what to get someone, the movie night thing is a fun, low-stress idea. :)


KATY'S EPIC MOVIE MIX, PART I of III












1. Cake--"Love You Madly" (As heard in: Forgetting Sarah Marshall)
2. The Kinks--"All Day and All Of The Night" (As heard in: Pirate Radio)
3. Tex Williams--"Smoke Smoke Smoke That Cigarette" (As heard in: Thank You For Smoking)
4. Talking Heads--"Psycho Killer" (As heard in: Julie & Julia)
5. Zero 7--"In the Waiting Line" (As heard in: Garden State
6. Dario Marianelli--"Briony" (As heard in: Atonement)
7. Metric--"Black Sheep" (As heard in: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World)
8. Lulu--"Stealing My Love From Me" (As heard in: The Anniversary Party)
9. Jim Sturgess--"I've Just Seen A Face" (As heard in: Across the Universe)
10. Mark Ronson & Amy Winehouse--"Valerie" (As heard in: 27 Dresses)
11. The Temper Trap--"Sweet Disposition" (As heard in: (500) Days of Summer)
12. Julie London--"Cry Me a River" (As heard in: V for Vendetta)
13. Yann Tiersen--"La Valse d'Amelie" (As heard in: Amelie)
Note: This video contains the ending to Amelie. Just listen to the audio if you haven't seen it!
14. April March--"Chick Habit" (As heard in: Death Proof)
15. Leonard Cohen--"I'm Your Man" (As heard in: Secretary)
16. Van Morrison--"Everyone" (As heard in: The Royal Tenenbaums)
17. Elton John--"Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters" (As heard in: Almost Famous)
18. Loudon Wainwright III--"Daughter" (As heard in: Knocked Up
19. Stealers Wheel--"Stuck in the Middle With You" (As heard in: Reservoir Dogs)
20. Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash--"Long Legged Guitar Pickin' Man" (As heard in: Walk the Line)

No comments:

Post a Comment