Saturday, December 24, 2011

Katy's Favorite Idiosyncratic Christmas Songs

As I mentioned before, I love idiosyncratic versions of classic Christmas songs. I thought I'd compile them and share...in the spirit of the holidays, y'know. All these songs just feel like Christmas to me. Enjoy!













1. Ella Fitzgerald--"Sleigh Ride"
2. Barenaked Ladies f/Sarah McLachlan--"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
3. Barbra Streisand--"Jingle Bells"
4. Sixpence None the Richer--"It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"
5. Joni Mitchell--"River"
6. Nat King Cole--"The Christmas Song"
7. Mike Daughty--"I Hear the Bells" (Not technically a Christmas song per se, but it still sounds kind of Christmas-y)
8. Olivia Olson--"All I Want For Christmas is You"
9. Ella Fitzgerald--"Santa Claus is Coming to Town"
10. Destiny's Child--"Opera of the Bells"
11. Frank Sinatra--"Ave Maria"
12. Sara Ramirez--"Silent Night"
13. Judy Garland--"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"
14. Lady Gaga--"White Christmas"
15. Sufjan Stevens--"O Come, O Come Emmanuel"
16. Yo-Yo Ma--"Prelude (From the Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007)" (This is a Christmas song for me thanks to The West Wing.)
17. Brandi Carlile--"Josephine"
18. Brian Setzer Orchestra--"The Nutcracker Suite"

No comments:

Post a Comment