Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Late Night Internetz.

Since I withdrew from my classes and don't have to wake up early, I've of course completely effed up my sleep schedule by sleeping in. Now I'm like a vampire, staying up all night and sleeping all day. I took some NyQuil tonight to try and break through that, buuut it's not strong enough. I may have to resort to staying up all night, then forcing myself to stay awake all day in order to get back on a normal sleep schedule. Blahhh. I hate doing that.

I wish I could spend these sleepless nights doing something productive, like cleaning my room, but I'm inexplicably incapable of productivity this time of night. I'm just in a daze. I spend part of my time watching episodes of various TV shows over and over again, even if I've seen them a million times already. The other half is spent online. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LJ, various blogs I read. I refresh the page over and over again, as if people actually update these things in the middle of the night.

Here's what I've discovered in tonight's waste of time internetting:

“After all, I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.”
--Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery

Even though I never read the Anne of Green Gables books (I've always wanted to...need to add that to my reading list), I grew up on that TV miniseries with adorable redhead Megan Follows as Anne. My Mom had them on VHS. Both Green Gables and Avonlea were like four hours long but I watched them constantly growing up. I loved every second. I stumbled on the above quote on a Tumblr I follow called BookLover. It's the only blog that posts in the middle of the night since the author is from Turkey and on a different time zone. Anyway, I really liked that quote, and I think it's so true. I love simple pleasures. I try to keep a list of my favorite ones in hopes of starting a blog, but always forget them once I open up the list. Bah. And now I really want to watch the miniseries.

Another thing that BookLover posted tonight was a text/image thing that said: You know those nights when you can't fall asleep? Well, maybe it's because you are awake, in someone else's dream. Hmm. Innnnteresting.

Another find was a fiery LJ entry I wrote something like four years ago, about buying jeans. Some things never change, because I still feel like that every time I shop for jeans! But it was funny to read that entry, because I totally forget some things I say/write, such as refer to a pair of jeans that fit perfectly everywhere except the waist by saying that "I very nearly set the little cocktease on fire." I get very angry when I shop for jeans.

And of course I'm starting to get tired now, at 4:45 in the fucking morning. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment