Monday, February 6, 2012

Transitioning?

In four days, DUCK & COVER will be performed (along with many other awesome pieces) in the Transition Projects concert at ASU. This all feels so surreal. I can't believe it's finally time for this to happen...I've watched the seniors before do it, and now it's my turn. It's been such a crazy experience--thrilling, frustrating, scary, amazing. And even though I will have a year left after this semester--the result of being on medical withdrawal for two semesters--I still feel like this concert marks the end of something. Next year, all my classmates will be gone. I can't even tell you how weird it will be without them around. I love them all so much; they are the reason I didn't just drop out of school when I got sick. I'm so happy to have gone on this ASU journey with them. Words can't describe how much I'll miss them! I'm glad Facebook is around so I can keep up with their future endeavors (I hope that doesn't sound creepy; I'm just genuinely interested in what everyone is up to!) And I'm glad that I was able to get back into school so I could experience Transition Projects with my class. It wouldn't have been the same with anyone else. (And luckily, the incoming senior class is a fun bunch so I'll still have some awesome people around.) If you are free this weekend, I highly recommend coming to see this fantastic show! It's February 10th at 5:30 PM, February 11th at 7:30 PM and February 12th at 2:00 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment