Friday, August 5, 2011

Where's my Marshmallow Shooter?

I've been completing various tasks over the past couple of days in preparation for my upcoming move. I got renter's insurance, paid all my move-in fees, set up my water account, and scoped out cable/internet prices (which are absurdly expensive). Today I went down to SRP and set up utilities in my name. Then I signed my lease! I'm pretty much all set to get my keys! Which I'll be doing on Monday, and then the movers come next Saturday. So I'll have the week to shop for furniture and pack. SO. EXCITED. I was so overwhelmed when my complex handed me this daunting list of scary tasks to do, but I managed to do them all. And on my own. AHH. It doesn't sound like a big deal, I know, but you have to understand that I basically don't know how to do shit. So it's a big deal to me. I kind of feel all adult-like. Except I'm a fraud, because a real adult would have a job by now, which I don't. Although there is a new Oregano's opening up in Tempe, so maybe I'll apply there? Who knows.
I've been devouring Parks and Recreation lately. That show is a little tough to get into because the first season is a bit awkward, but then it takes off and becomes ridiculously hilarious! I highly recommend it. There are so many moments when I had to pause it because I was laughing so hard! Anyway, I watched an episode today where two of the characters are essentially taught how to be adults. But at Bed, Bath and Beyond, they totally buy a marshmallow shooter along with all their home gadgets. That's more my style! After a day of adult-like tasks, I'm ready to do something silly like buy a marshmallow shooter for equilibrium.


I'M SO EXCITED TO MOVE! KEYS IN TWO DAYS, MOVING IN SEVEN!! Now I just have to pack....Eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment